Past blog hops and challenges

Sunday, July 27, 2014

New blog hop - Patriot Day Blog Hop September 11

I got a response that there are several people that would be interested in participating in a Red, White, and Blue blog hop on Patriot Day, September 11.  So I am planning to host my first blog hop.  Please bare with me as I find my way.  It will be a red, white, and blue jewelry day.  Beads of your choice.



Below is some information about Patriot Day taken from Wikipedia:

In the United States, Patriot Day (known in full as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance) occurs on September 11 of each year, designated in memory of the 2,977 killed in the  September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Initially, the day was called the Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.

By presidential decree, the American flag is flown at half-staff at the White House and on all U.S. government buildings and establishments throughout the world; flags are also encouraged to be displayed on individual American homes.


Additionally, a moment of silence is observed to correspond with the attacks, beginning at 8:46 A.M. (Eastern Daylight Time), the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. The Corporation for National and Community Service is available as a clearing house for volunteer for service opportunities.
Because Patriot Day is not a federal holiday, schools and business do not close in observance of the occasion, although memorial ceremonies for the victims are held.

I am going to leave the sign-ups through August 3rd.  Be sure to leave your name, blog address, and email or way to contact you.

I will also be looking for a badge for the blog hop. (anyone know how to make one?)

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to jump in...
    Mischelle Fanucchi
    www.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com
    ericsfangbanger7@gmail.com

    thanks bunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, congrats on your upcoming blog hop! I can help you with the badge. I often use picmonkey.com for mine. Send me a note on fb if you would like help! I'll get a messages more quickly that way! Best wishes! --Sharyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate in your hop! My blog is http://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/ and my email is pinetreejewels@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in :) Thanks for hosting!

    Toltec Jewels
    www.JewelSchoolFriends.com
    toltecjewels@aol.com

    xxoo Rita

    P.s. I'll look for a blog button. Let me know if I can help, or if Sharyl doesn't make one for you but honestly I hers are way better than mine, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete